We would like to present you with our essay writing guidelines built by our in-house editorial team. Feel free to use them for successful completion of your academic homework assignments.
- Essay example on The Tempest
- Philosophy of equality essay sample
- Creating an analytical essay
- Poverty and hunger essay example
- Places with good term paper samples
- How to conlude your paper
- Academic essay writing help
- USA Navy: Research Paper Example
- Hints on essay idea generation
- Pick a persuasive essay topic
- Writing about unemployment
- Argument essay writing guide
- Economics essay sample
- Choosing an application essay title
- Essay Sample On The Influence of Music & Books
- Narrative essay topics: be original
- Essay planning tips
- Beginning with your scholarship essay
- A Good Man Is Hard To Find essay sample
- Becoming a professional essay writer
- Academic writing for dummies
- Law essay beginners manual
- Shipping industry essay example
- Enslaved Africans Of Early Colonies – An Expert Essay Sample Students
- Marketing project pre-writing stages
- Selecting a persuasive essay topic
- Term paper writers - Term paper easy
Looking for trustworthy essay writing service? Visit this site: https://essaymill.com/ - professional essay writing service since 2000.
Essay writing is not your forte? Look at this essay writing guide. It helped millions to write their essays.
Please note that all the articles we provide are protected by copyright and cannot be copied without proper referencing. Please respect the work of our authors.
Democracy is a system of governance that gives all qualified citizens an equal opportunity of involvement in the creation of laws, proposals, and general development. This is possible through direct action by the citizens or via elected officials who forge forth collective interests. It is currently the most popular form of governance in the world having the highest number of subscribers. It is preferred because of the prestigious freedom that citizens enjoy in executing their choices. Several basic features define a democracy. They include conducting free and fair elections, protecting human rights, applying the law to all citizens equally, and citizens having the right actively involve themselves in civic and political activities.
Democracy gives people the opportunity to choose the government that will take care of their affairs both at the national and parliament level. The citizens have the power to remove non-performing leaders from office through elections managed by independent body. With this power, they are able to hold leaders accountable for their conduct during their tenure. They hold almost permanent power that they give their leaders who enjoy it on a temporary basis while in office.
Citizens in a democracy play an active role in public life. They follow keenly on the government’s progress in handling key issues and are free to criticize errant actions. There is guarantee of free access to information by citizens on government activities. Citizens have a right to criticize the government on its undertakings. Democracy encourages people to take part in public debates involving the affairs of the country. They can advice the government, protest or launch petitions against it in cases where they are in disagreement with some of its engagements.
Further, people enjoy unbiased basic rights. They are free to subscribe to beliefs of their choice and speak their minds freely as long as they do not infringe on other people’s rights and enjoyment of freedom. Civic societies have the right to inform and educate people on their rights, and help them to interpret various clauses of the law. There is unlimited mobility within the country. People are also free to assemble and discuss the affairs of the country. However, everyone has an obligation to respect the law and abide by it.
It is clear that democratic governments are quite desirable and popular among many countries globally. They involve conducting free and fair elections, protecting human rights, applying the law to all people equally, and citizens having the right actively involve themselves in civic and political activities. Countries that are yet to adopt democracy need to consider it. It will ensure respect of people’s opinions as opposed to dictatorial tendencies as it is in the other forms of governments.